Latin Nights are a fantastic way to build community, have a fun evening to remember, and support mission in and from Latin America!
What are Latin Nights?
They’re an opportunity for you to bring a little slice of Latin American culture to your church, CU, youth group, or friends. Using our free resources pack, you’ll be able to create your very own event that can be used to raise awareness for Latin mission and help raise support for Latin Link.
What can it achieve?
? Raise crucial funds for Latin Link
? Generate awareness for a particular need or Latin Link project
? Raise support for your own mission trip (if you’re going on a Step team, Stride placement or longer-term Stay placement)
? Inspire your friends to get involved in Latin
What might it look like?
Latin Nights come in all shapes and sizes. Your event really can be what you want it to be! You can host a meal, run a quiz night, lead a Spanish flamenco evening – whatever you think will work best for your context.
During the event, you might find it helpful to set aside time to share about Latin Link’s work, or invite people to pray for a particular ministry. You can even request a Latin Link member to come and speak at your event (subject to availability and location), or you could be the guest speaker yourself!
And it can be as formal or informal as you like. You could run a Latin Night with friends and family, with a small group, or with your whole church or CU – it’s completely up to you.
You can run your evening (or morning or afternoon…) however you like, but here’s an example of how you could do it:
• Set the atmosphere – play some Latin American music, lay out a colourful tablecloth and some Latin American trinkets eg. panpipes, if you have them.
• Get eating and drinking – bring out the tortilla chips and salsa, brew some fresh Fairtrade Latin coffee and finish with some classic Fairtrade Latin chocolate (all available from most supermarkets).
• Hit the quizzes – have lots of fun as you try to figure out your llamas from your alpacas! And who’s flag is that?
• Watch a Latin Link video – some great films of various lengths. Help your group to understand who Latin Link is, what we do, and how they can help.
• Pray and give – finish with a time of prayer and give your group the opportunity to give financially to Latin Link.
Free resources pack
We’ll provide you with some great resources to help you on your way; whether it’s recipes you need, music playlists, decoration ideas, or templates for advertising your event, we’ve got you covered.